What's this Site for?
I started my journey as a networking guy, used to be satisfied and happy about what I know inside out about networking. But as Cloud evolves, I realized that there’s so much about virtualization await to be learnt. It’s necessary to have a place to memo whatever I learned and be kept well for future troubleshooting reference. This is also a perfect place to encourage myself to keep learning, because it’s the best weapon you may have in IT world.
I actually started blogging since 2012 on
Wordpress, but recently migrated all contents into new web tech going serverless, that’s why you may see blog starts year 2018 only, because all data was imported since then.
Year over Year Summary
- Redeploy lab Openstack to Queens
- Deploy Openshift 3.11 on VMware
- Deploy Kubernetes 1.12.1 on VMware
- Analyzed Magnum and build customized coreos k8s deployment
- Learn Openshift
- Learn RedHat Openstack Platform
- Prepare for Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Prepare for Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack Exam (EX210)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack Exam (EX310)
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration Exam (EX280)
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation Exam (EX407)
- Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) Exam (EX318)
- Prepare for RHCA:Cloud
- Rebuilt lab’s own Openstack Pike.
- Helped IaaS team build up new lab.
- Built multiple Kubernetes cluster on top of Openstack.
- Tested different k8s deployment tool, kubeadm, kubespray and windows k8s.
- Created Quiet bot for lab management, integrated it with Slack and Google Assistant.
- Created tool for legacy config generation, convert csv data into config.
- Built lab’s own gitlab on top of k8s, cloud native.
- Built Spinnaker and use it as lab’s CICD standard tool.
- Created generic functions and pipelines for lab account management on Spinnaker.
pysiteapplication to manage Signal Cage, serverless.
- Tested and learned Istio.
- Used Terraform to build Openstack SDN/Project infra, to be reused by production site.
- Tested and learned Cisco XR, EVPN, Segment Routing.
- Rebuild lab’s Openstack and upgraded to Queens.
- Build Hyperflex UCS Datacenter.
- Tested and tried out new tech from AWS/GCP.
- Finish reading
- Continue learning Openstack.
- Built Openstack Newton and Mitaka
- Get more familiar with Jenkins/Git CICD.
- Recertified my CCIE.
- Learned Ansible/Python, start coding.
- Replaced Xbeam FW with Fortinet GW.
- Build Openstack ToR ACI.
- Played with Rassberey PI for IoT testing.
- Tested and used Juju to deploy Openstack Liberty.