FC Switch G port, F port, E port
- U_Port (Universal) - Port on the switch when booting wait for something plugged into the port.
- G_Port (General Purpose Port) - Port on the switch that auto configures itself once the attached node logs in to the fabric. The node may be any N-Port such as an HBA (F_Port) or another switch (E_Port).
- FL_Port (Fabric Loop Port) - Disk array that supports Fabric (public) addressing and relies on arbitrated loop services. Many switches autoconfigure to FL-Port after the attached array has logged in.
- F-Port (Fabric Port) - Array controller or HBA that supports Fabric (Public) addressing.
- E_Port (Expansion Port) - Inter Switch Link (ISL) or switch to switch connection within a fabric. Older Qlogic and Sun switches refer to this as a T_Port.